Sign Up Now: SurfAid Cup | San Diego Presented by Benchmark Property Group
Event Artwork by Odi Schlossberg
There is a saying that “aid stops where the road stops’” but that’s where SurfAid’s work begins. SurfAid partners with some of the world’s most isolated communities and when you surf for SurfAid, you turn one day of surfing into a year of support for communities in need all around the globe.
Want a chance to surf and save a life?
Join SurfAid and our event partners, Swami’s Surfing Association, on October 19th for the 1st Annual SurfAid Cup| San Diego, Presented by Benchmark Property Group. Held at Cardiff Reef – one of the most consistent and fun breaks in the area – this epic day of surfing is open to surfers of all ages and skill levels.
Teams of four commit to raising funds for SurfAid’s Mother and Child Health programs, ensuring access to clean water & sanitation, basic healthcare, and nutrition programs in remote and impoverished areas of Indonesia and Mexico. Each team gets to add one pro to their roster, making this a once in a lifetime opportunity to surf alongside some of San Diego’s most talented surfers.
What is the SurfAid Cup Format?
• Five surfers per team (includes 1 pro/local legend provided by SurfAid)
Pro Selection is based on teams fundraising totals as of MIDNIGHT, October 18
• One-hour heats
• Top 3 teams in each heat advance to the finals
• In relay style, every surfer is to catch two waves – the second wave is a Power Wave and worth DOUBLE points
• Bonus points added in order of completion times. First team to get back to the tag area gets an additional 6 pts, Second team = 5, Third team = 4, Fourth team = 3 pts, Fifth team = 2, Sixth team = 1 pt
• Awards presented for top surfing, fundraising, and overall surf stoke
What Can Competitors Expect?
• The Surf – known as one of California’s premier reef breaks, Cardiff Reef offers a long rippable right and a punchy left which transformed Cardiff into the epicenter of surfing in North County. You’ll get to share the lineup with just a handful of friends
• The chance to add one of many talented pros to your roster. Previous pros included legends such as Damien Hobgood, Tim Curran, Jen Smith, Josh Kerr and many more
• VIP invite to the SurfAid Cup Launch party
• Beachside food and drinks available from friends like Sambazon, Humm Kombucha, and more to be announced
• SurfAid SWAG, including custom wax thanks to Sticky Bumps Wax and Accessories
• The chance to fundraise for SurfAid and turn one day of surfing into a lifetime of support
Thanks to our event partners: